Statement of Privacy Practices, Effective
Jupiter Resources Inc. (“Jupiter”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of our stakeholders’ personal information. Our policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information are reflected in this Statement of Privacy Practices (“Privacy Statement”), which is created to inform you about our privacy practices. This Privacy Statement:
- explains Jupiter’s practices with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information by Jupiter;
- provides information on how to access, correct and update personal information; and
- explains how to contact Jupiter with privacy‐related questions or comments.
Why does Jupiter collect and use your personal information?
Jupiter requires personal information about you in order to manage our business and provide services to our customers. We collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- to create and maintain a responsible business relationship with you and provide ongoing service. For example, we may collect and use personal information in order to provide payroll or collect bank account information to ensure timely payments by direct deposit of monies owing to you;
- to maintain our business and operations on your behalf. We need to collect or use personal information to provide settlement reports, or to alert you about environmental incidents in your area; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements. Collecting and using personal information is required for us to meet our contractual obligations to you, or legal and regulatory obligations to others.
How does Jupiter protect your personal information?
Jupiter considers personal information provided by you to be private and confidential. Accordingly, we treat all personal information with care. Jupiter:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified in this Privacy Statement, except with your consent or where permitted by law to do so;
- will protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information with security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information, including physical, administrative and electronic security measures; and
- will keep your personal information as accurate and up‐to‐date as is necessary for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement.
Personal information will only be retained for as long as it needs to be to reasonably fulfill the purposes for which it was intended. Jupiter will destroy all personal information that it no longer requires.
Accessing, correcting or updating personal information
Individuals have the right to access the personal information they provide that is under Jupiter’s control. Access requests should be made to us in writing and we will assist all individuals with their access requests in a timely fashion. In certain exceptional situations, if access cannot be granted pursuant to applicable law, we will notify the individual making the request, in writing, of the reason(s) for our inability to provide access.
At any time, you may request that Jupiter correct or update your personal information by advising Jupiter in writing. Jupiter will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal information is accurate and current.
What personal information does Jupiter collect?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Jupiter may collect certain personal information about you, either directly or through our partners, affiliates or associates. The personal information may be collected in person, over the telephone, through the mail or over the Internet. The information that we may collect or obtain includes, but is not limited to:
- your contact information such as your name, address, title, telephone number and email address;
- information about your transaction history, which may include your depositories and beneficiaries;
- medical information, if provided by you for Jupiter’s benefits program; and
- information about land or mineral rights if you are a surface or mineral lease owner.
If you provide the personal information of another individual to us, such as your dependents or your emergency contacts, you represent that prior to providing such personal information, you have obtained consent or authority to permit us to collect, use and disclose such information for the purpose(s) set out in this Privacy Statement, or as required or permitted by applicable law.
When does Jupiter share your personal information with others?
The following are situations where we may disclose some personal information about you with others without your consent:
- to a government agency, court or law enforcement agency, if required or permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law;
- to a public authority or, if in our reasonable judgement, it appears that there is imminent danger to life or property that could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information;
- to provide insurance coverage for those employees participating in our benefit programs and plans; or
- for any other legally established reason.
We may use third party service providers (for example, web hosting providers) to manage one or more aspects of our business operations, including the processing or handling of personal information. When we do use an outside company, we use contractual or other appropriate means to ensure that your personal information is used in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement. If personal information is disclosed to a third party, we will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the third party has appropriate security procedures in place for the protection of the personal information transferred to it.
Consent to collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Unless you contact us to advise us otherwise, your use of Jupiter’s services constitutes implicit consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Statement. You may withdraw this consent at any time by advising Jupiter in writing. However, this withdrawal is subject to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreements you have with Jupiter and other legal restrictions. We would be pleased to explain your options and any consequences of refusing or withdrawing consent, and will record your choice.
Questions or complaints
How do I contact Jupiter with respect to questions or complaints regarding my personal information? If you have any requests, questions or comments about your personal information or this Privacy Statement, you may contact us in one of the following ways:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By facsimile: 403-910-2701
By mail: Jupiter Resources Inc., Suite 1100, 585 – 8th Avenue S.W., Calgary, Alberta T2P 1G1, Attention: [Privacy Officer] (Please mark envelope CONFIDENTIAL)
Jupiter Resources Inc. retains the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time without advanced warning or prior knowledge of the reader.